Texas vs. The World
The February 11th tasting will be a head-to-head comparison of Cabernet Sauvignon and will feature Messina Hof Winery. You will taste barrel samples, library wines and yet to be released wines from premier Texas producers.
When you ask the average Texan ‘what do you think of Texas wine?’ you almost always, without exception get one of two responses back. Either they haven’t had any Texas wine worth remembering or they don’t even see it as an option when there is so much “better” wine out there.
The Texas vs. The World Tasting is a series that meets each 2nd Monday and is a head-to-head varietal comparison of wines made in Texas, by Texas grown fruit compared to the same varietal in a wine from another world-class growing area.
Each tasting has a featured winery to co-host each tasting along side of GUSTO. The producer is there to shed light, lead discussions and answer questions about making wine in Texas. GUSTO Sommeliers are there to lead discussion and answer questions on the other world-class wines in the tasting. This tasting is intended be relaxed, social and fun; as well as being great for networking with other wine enthusiasts and professionals.
This tasting series is produced in partnership with the Texas Wine and Food Consortium (TXWFC); who’s mission is to promote the Texas wine industry through trade collaboration, events, education and outreach. Join us and support the Texas wine industry. It’s going to open your eyes about the world-class wines being produced right here in our own background.
$50 – Includes assorted cheese plate
Flight 1: Old World Cabernet
- Chateau Clerc Milon, Pauillac, Grand Cru Classe, 2006
- Chateau Fonbadet , Paulliac, Grand Vin, 2004
- Chateau Mongravey, Margaux, 2007
Flight 2: New World Cabernet
- Chateau Montelena, Calistoga, Cabernet Sauvignon, 2009
- Heitz Cellars, Napa Valley, Cabernet Sauvignon, 2006
- Chateau Smith, Columbia Valley, Cabernet Sauvignon, 2010
- Montes Alpha, Colchagua Valley, Cabernet Sauvignon, 2008
Flight 3: Texas Cabernet
- Llano, Texas, Cabernet Sauvignon, 2007
- Becker Vineyards, Texas High Plains, Canada Family Vineyards, Cabernet Sauvignon, 2010
- Flat Creek Estate, Texas High Plains, Newsom Vineyards, Reserve, 2011
- Driftwood Estate Winery, Texas Hill Country, Cabernet Sauvignon, 2010
- Bending Branch, Texas High Plains, Newsom Vineyard, 2010
Flight 4: Messina Hof Winery
- Messina Hof Winery, Texas, Private Reserve, Cabernet Sauvignon, 2010
- Messina Hof Winery, Texas Hill Country, Granite Hill Vineyards, Cabernet Sauvignon, 2009
- Messina Hof Winery, Texas High Plains, ReaGae Vineyard, Cabernet Sauvignon, 2009
- Messina Hof Winery, Texas, Private Reserve Reflections of Love, Cabernet Sauvignon 2009
*Wine flights subject to changes based on wine availability
For questions, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org